AS Roma midfielder Neil El Aynaoui was the victim of an armed burglary at his home in Rome, according to reports from Italian media.
The incident is said to have taken place in the early hours of Tuesday morning, at around 03:00 local time, in the Castel Fusano district of the Italian capital.
Initial reports indicate that a group of six masked individuals, dressed in black and carrying weapons, forced their way into the property by breaking open a living room window.
El Aynaoui was reportedly inside the house at the time along with members of his family. The midfielder, his mother, his brother and their partners were taken by surprise during the break-in.
According to accounts of the incident, the group were gathered together and locked in a room by the intruders, who were said to have held them at gunpoint while carrying out the robbery.
The attackers then searched the property and took a number of valuable items before leaving the scene.
Among the items reported stolen were jewellery estimated to be worth around €10,000, a luxury Rolex watch and several designer bags.
Italian authorities were alerted after the incident and have since launched an investigation to identify those responsible.
No injuries have been reported, but the incident has been described as a distressing experience for the player and his family.
The case has drawn attention in Italy, given El Aynaoui’s status as a professional footballer playing for Roma and as an international player for Morocco.
Police are expected to review evidence from the scene as part of their efforts to track down the suspects involved in the burglary.
Incidents involving high-profile athletes have previously raised concerns about security, particularly when players are targeted at their homes.
For now, the investigation remains ongoing as authorities work to determine the circumstances surrounding the break-in and bring those responsible to justice.